From Pharmacy Drug Guide
Abilify®, manufactured by Bristol-Myers Squibb, is a brand-name formulation of the generic drug aripiprazole, prescribed to treat bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, and depression in adults and adolescents. Abilify® is classified as an anti-psychotic medication because it treats mental illnesses. It may be used alone, but is often taken in combination with antidepressants.
Using Abilify® coupons and discounts, printable Abilify® deals, manufacturer's rebates, and Bristol-Myers Squibb patient assistance programs can reduce the cost of an Abilif®y prescription. In some cases, a patient may even qualify for free Abilify. Some of these Abilify® savings opportunities are available to anyone; others are only available to uninsured, under-insured, or low-income patients.
Flickr: Brett L.
|Brand name for||Aripiprazole|
|Manufacturer||Bristol-Myers Squibb and Otsuka America Pharmaceuticals|
|Uses||A treatment for bipolar disorder and schizophrenia, as well as depression|
|Side effects||Nausea, dizziness, vomiting, headache, drowsiness.|
|Administration||Oral, via a tablet, liquid solution, or disintegrating tablet;monthly injection|
|Types of coupons||Discounts, promotional offers and patient assistance programs|
|Disclaimer||The information provided by PharmacyDrugGuide is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Do not take any action based on the information on this page without consulting a physician.|
Abilify Coupons and Patient Assistance Programs
- The Abilify® free trial program can provide the first month of Abilify® at no cost. In order to get this printable coupon for 30 days of free Abilify®, patients need to register online. A doctor's prescription is necessary to use the coupon, which may be redeemed at the pharmacy.
- Abiify® also offers continued discounts with the Abilify® Savings Card. The card provides monthly savings of up to $100 for each refill, bringing the cost down to as low as $25 per refill. The card may be used on up to 11 Abilify® prescriptions.
- Bristol-Myers Squibb has an Abilify patient assistance program for people who cannot afford their prescriptions. The program offers a free three-month supply of Abilify®. Information on this prescription support program is available from the Bristol-Myers Squibb Patient Assistance Foundation.
Abilify Maintena Coupons and Patient Assistance Programs
Abilify Maintena, or the Abilify injection, is given once a month to treat schizophrenia in adults. Healthcare providers can enroll patients in the Abilify Assure program, which provides assistance in processing insurance claims and finding other eligible programs to provide financial help for the monthly injection. More information is available at 855-999-2627
Abilify® can help treat depression when standard drugs are not effective enough. It is usually used for depression assistance as an add-on to boost the other antidepressants like Effexor XR®, Paxil CR®, Lexapro®, Zoloft® and Prozac®. It may be used alone for schizophrenia or bipolar disorder. Abilify® is thought to work by adjusting the levels of certain chemicals in the brain, such as dopamine and serotonin.
Abilify® is not approved to treat patients who have dementia-related psychosis.
Abilify® is available in several formulations:
- Abilify (aripiprazole) Tablets
- Abilify Discmelt (aripiprazole) Orally Disintegrating Tablets
- Abilify (aripiprazole) Oral Solution
- Abilify (aripiprazole) Injection, a solution for intramuscular injection
Abilify® is under patent until 2015, so generic formulations are not available.