From Pharmacy Drug Guide
Abilify®, manufactured by Bristol-Myers Squibb, is a brand-name formulation of the generic drug aripiprazole, prescribed to treat bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, and depression in adults and adolescents. Abilify® is classified as an anti-psychotic medication because it treats mental illnesses. It may be used alone, but is often taken in combination with antidepressants.
Using Abilify® coupons and discounts, printable Abilify® deals, manufacturer's rebates, and Bristol-Myers Squibb patient assistance programs can reduce the cost of an Abilif®y prescription. In some cases, a patient may even qualify for free Abilify. Some of these Abilify® savings opportunities are available to anyone; others are only available to uninsured, under-insured, or low-income patients.
Flickr: Brett L.
|Brand name for||Aripiprazole|
|Manufacturer||Bristol-Myers Squibb and Otsuka America Pharmaceuticals|
|Uses||A treatment for bipolar disorder and schizophrenia, as well as depression|
|Side effects||Nausea, dizziness, vomiting, headache, drowsiness.|
|Administration||Oral, via a tablet, liquid solution, or disintegrating tablet|
|Types of coupons||Discounts, promotional offers and patient assistance programs|
|Disclaimer||The information provided by PharmacyDrugGuide is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Do not take any action based on the information on this page without consulting a physician.|
Abilify Coupons and Patient Assistance Programs
- The Abilify® free trial program can provide the first month of Abilify® at no cost. In order to get this printable coupon for 30 days of free Abilify®, patients need to register online. A doctor's prescription is necessary to use the coupon, which may be redeemed at the pharmacy.
- Abiify® also offers continued discounts with the Abilify® Savings Card. The card provides monthly savings of up to $100 for each refill, bringing the cost down to as low as $25 per refill. The card may be used on up to 11 Abilify® prescriptions.
- Bristol-Myers Squibb has an Abilify patient assistance program for people who cannot afford their prescriptions. The program offers a free three-month supply of Abilify®. Information on this prescription support program is available from the Bristol-Myers Squibb Patient Assistance Foundation.
Abilify® can help treat depression when standard drugs are not effective enough. It is usually used for depression assistance as an add-on to boost the other antidepressants like Effexor XR®, Paxil CR®, [[Lexapro®]], Zoloft® and Prozac®. It may be used alone for schizophrenia or bipolar disorder. Abilify® is thought to work by adjusting the levels of certain chemicals in the brain, such as dopamine and serotonin.
Abilify® is not approved to treat patients who have dementia-related psychosis.
Abilify® is available in several formulations:
- Abilify (aripiprazole) Tablets
- Abilify Discmelt (aripiprazole) Orally Disintegrating Tablets
- Abilify (aripiprazole) Oral Solution
- Abilify (aripiprazole) Injection, a solution for intramuscular injection
Abilify® is under patent until 2015, so generic formulations are not available.