From Pharmacy Drug Guide
The Humana Walmart-Preferred Rx Plan may reduce the cost of prescription medications for those eligible for Medicare Part D. As a stand-alone prescription drug plan (PDP), it provides additional prescription drug coverage for the standard Medicare benefit plan. Patients save by using the plan's preferred pharmacies, including those at Walmart, Sam's Club, Walmart Neighborhood Market, and Walmart Express. Patients may also order prescriptions for mail delivery through Humana’s RightSource Rx. Co-payments for generic prescription medications can be as low as $1, and some generics ordered through Right SourceRx are free.
Flickr: Clean Wal-Mart
|Benefits||$1 and up for prescription medications in-pharmacy, some free medications through mail-order|
|Eligibility||Same eligibility as Medicare|
|Cost||$18.50 monthly plan premium|
|Included medications||Allergies, asthma, diabetes, cholesterol, cold and cough, mental health, sexual health, skin conditions, weight management, etc.|
|Disclaimer||The information provided by PharmacyDrugGuide.com is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Do not take any action based on the information on this page without consulting a physician.|
About Humana Walmart-Preferred Rx Plan
According to Humana Inc., a Humana Walmart-Preferred Rx Plan can save participants money on copays and cost-shares. According to Walmart, the Humana Walmart-Preferred Rx Plan offers the lowest monthly premium in Washington, DC and all 50 U.S. states of all the stand-alone Medicare Part D plans.
- Eligibility - Those who live in the service area and are beneficiaries of Medicare Part A and/or enrolled in Part B of Original Medicare are eligible to join this prescription savings plan. This includes individuals with disabilities and seniors.
- Benefits - The program provides savings on more than 1,500 generic drugs, as well as brand-name prescriptions. A full listing of medications covered within the plan is available at the Humana Walmart-Preferred Rx Plan website.
- Costs - The monthly premium is $18.50 per individual enrollee in the United States and $3.50 in Puerto Rico. There is an annual deductible of $325.00.
Medications covered under the plan are divided into four tiers:
- Tier One: These "preferred" generic drugs cost $1 at Walmart or Sam's Club, $6 to $10 at non-preferred network pharmacies, and are free when mail-ordered through RightSourceRx.
- Tier Two: These "non-preferred" generic drugs cost $3 to $5 at Walmart or Sam's Club, $8 to $33 at non-preferred network pharmacies, and are free when ordered from RightSourceRx.
- Tier Three: These "preferred" brand-name drugs cost 20 percent coinsurance at Walmart or Sam's Club, 25 percent from non-preferred network pharmacies and 20 percent through RightSourceRx.
- Tier Four: These "non-preferred" brand name drugs cost 30 to 35 percent coinsurance at Walmart or Sam's Club, 31 to 50 percent coinsurance from non-preferred network pharmacies, and 30 to 35 percent through RightSourceRx.
- Tier Five: These specialty medications cost 25 percent coinsurance at Walmart or Sam's Club, 25 percent coinsurance at non-preferred network pharmacies, and 25 coinsurance from RightSourceRx.
Patients may purchase medicines at Sam's Club without having to become members.
About Humana Walmart-Preferred Rx Plan
How to Sign up for Humana Walmart-Preferred Rx Plan
- Enrollment for the 2014 Humana Walmart-Preferred Rx Plan began October 15, 2013. Medicare enrollment for 2014 runs October 15, 2013 thru December. 7, 2013.
- Patients will need to have either their Medicare card or letter from the Social Security Administration on hand for enrollment, as specific information from documents is required.
- To sign up by telephone, patients can call 800-886-8061. TTY services are available by calling 711 between 8 a.m. and 8 p.m. Eastern Time, Monday through Friday.
- Humana Walmart online enrollment is available at the Humana, Walmart, and Medicare websites.  
- Humana representatives are available at Humana kiosks in selected Walmart locations.
Humana, Inc. is a healthcare company that provides health and wellness services and insurance products. Some of Humana's products and services include HumanaOne, Humana Medicare Plans, HumanaDental, HumanaVisionCare, RightSourceRx, Humana Military, and Humana Ventures. Humana, which trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol HUM, is headquartered in Louisville, Kentucky.
Also See: AAA Prescription Savings Program, Rite Aid Wellness Program, Walgreens Prescription Club, CVS ExtraCare Program, Patient Assistance Programs, Drug Coupons, Novartis Patient Assistance Programs, Eli Lilly Patient Assistance Programs, Pfizer Patient Assistance Programs