From Pharmacy Drug Guide
Topamax (topiramate) is an anti-convulsant used alone or in combination with other medications to treat some forms of epileptic seizures, as well as for seizure control with patients who have Lennox-Gastaut syndrome. Topamax is also used to prevent migraine headaches, but is not a pain reliever. In some instances, it is also used to help control alcoholism. Topamax can inhibit perspiration; users are directed to avoid getting overheated since their bodies will not be able to cool down as effectively.
|Brand name for||Topiramate|
|Manufacturer||Ortho-McNeil-Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc.|
|Uses||Prevention and treatment of epileptic seizures, migraine relief|
|Types of coupons||Patient assistance programs|
|Disclaimer||The information provided by PharmacyDrugGuide.com is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Do not take any action based on the information on this page without consulting a physician.|
Topamax, marketed by Ortho-McNeil-Janssen Pharmaceuticals as a brand of topiramate, is an anti-convulsant that was originally approved for the treatment of epilepsy. It is also FDA-approved for the prevention of migraines, and is used by psychiatrists in the treatment of bipolar disorder. Topiramate has been studied for the treatment of addiction disorders such as alcoholism and obesity due to binge eating, as well as for the treatment of post-traumatic stress disorder. Topamax appears to correct the chemical imbalance in the brain caused by chronic drinking and decrease alcohol's reward effects on the brain.
- Numbness and tingling
- Taste change
- Weight loss
- Difficulty with concentration/attention
- Memory difficulty
- Loss of appetite
Topamax Patient Assistance Programs and Coupons
Topamax users can save by taking advantage of several patient assistance programs:
- The Johnson & Johnson Patient Assistance Foundation (JJPAF) provides Topamax free of charge for up to one year to eligible applicants. Covered forms include Topamax Sprinkle Capsules and Topamax tablets. Both of these are also offered to hospital outpatients as part Johnson & Johnson's Hospital Access Patient Assistance Program.
- RX Outreach offers discounted Topamax to patients who earn no more than 300% of the federal poverty level. Both insured and uninsured patients may be accepted, and RX Outreach will ship the Topamax directly to the patient or to their doctor's office.
- The Xubex Patient Assistance Program provides discounted Topamax, and has no income requirement. Insured or uninsured patients are okay. Xubex Pharmaceuticals ships the Topamax to patients or their physicians.
- Patients can save on Topamax through the Together Rx Access discount card program. To qualify, patients' family incomes must fall below stated levels, and they must not have any insurance coverage for Topamax.
Also See: Topamax Patient Assistance Programs, Topamax Free Samples, Keppra Coupons, Lamictal Coupons, Lyrica Coupons, Qnexa Approval, Advil Coupons, Tylenol Coupons, Aleve Coupons, Gabapentin, Gabapentin Coupons, Cymbalta Coupons